Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A Sefirah Kumzitz



Artist’s web site: Nochum Stark.com

Album can be previewed/purchased Here


OK, GUYS , HERE IS MY REVIEW ON NOCHUM STARK'S SEFIRAH TAPE. I'M NOT AS ELOQUENT A WRITER AS MINDY, SO I HOPE MY REPORT DOES THIS TAPE JUSTICE....BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING!

HERE GOES...........

TWENTY- SEVEN MEN CHOIR (SOME NAMES SEEM FAMILIAR) AND THEY DO AN AMAZING JOB THROUGHOUT. NOCHUM' S VOICE IS FANTASTIC HERE, NOT OVERPOWERED BY THE CHOIR...BLENDS RIGHT IN. PRODUCED BY TZVI SILBERSTIEN...ANYONE EVER HEARD OF HIM BEFORE?? ON TO THE SONGS...

1- AL HATORAH- SUNG BY NOCHUM- SHORT BUT BEATIFUL. THE HARMONIES ARE BETTER THAN ON THE ORIGINAL TAPE.

2- ONOH HASHEM- NOSSON SCHWARZBERG- WOW! GREAT VOICE. I ALWAYS LOVED THIS SONG, THE CHOIR DOES A FANTASTIC JOB ON IT. (UM, LADIES, WE GOTTA SING THIS AT OUR KUMZITS)

3- VEHAREV NU- NOCHUM AGAIN- ADD IT TO MY LIST OF FAVORITE SONGS. I LIKE IT BETTER THAN ON THE ORIGINAL TAPE. (NOT TO SAY, IT WASNT GOOD THERE, BUT NOCHUM'S VOICE IS MORE POWERFUL HERE, NOT OVERPOWERED BY THE CHOIR, AND THE HARMONIES ARE FANTASTIC!)

4- HASHEM SEFOSAI TIFTACH- NICE SONG, BUT KUPPY SOUNDS BETTER WHEN HE DOES THOSE HEARTZIGE SONGS AT PLAYS (AS AN ACTOR. ) (DID ANYONE EVER HEAR THE WAY HE SINGS "OIDCHA HASHEM" ON THE SPANISH INQUISITION?... WOW! )

5- MI ADIR- MY FAVORITE SONG OFF NOCHUM'S ALBUM. THE HARMONIES HERE ARE EQUISITE ( SPELL CHECK?) . I LOVE THIS SONG!

6- ILON- SUNG BY THE CHOIR. IT IS A BEATIFUL SONG, AND THEY DID A GREAT JOB ON IT. I LOVE THE ECHO EFFECT. THERE IS A BOY SINGING ALONG WITH THE CHOIR, BUT HIS NAME IS NOT ON THE TAPE INSERT. (IMO, I DON'T THINK MUSIC WILL ADD MUCH TO THIS SONG, BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG.)

7- RETZEI- DONE BY NOCHUM . I LOVE THE WAY NOCHUM HARMONIZES FOR HIMSELF (MULTIPLE VOICES.) I CAN LISTEN TO THAT PART OVER AND OVER.

8- ZECHOR- DONE BY KUPPY. I'M NOT CRAZY OVER THIS SONG, (THE SECOND PART REMINDS ME OF AN OLD AVRAHAM FRIED SONG). ALTHOUGH KUPPY AND THE CHOIR DO A GREAT JOB ON IT.

9- TFILOSI-NOCHUM OF COURSE. ZEVY DOES PART OF IT, ALTHOUGH BY SOME PARTS YOU CANT DIFFERENTIATE, CUZ THEY SOUND EXTREMELY SIMILIAR - WOW! I LOVE THIS SONG!

TO SUM IT UP, TO ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO USUALLY CHEAT ON SEFIRAH...(AHEM, MYSELF INCLUDED) GET THIS TAPE!!!!!! AND TO THOSE WHO DON'S CHEAT...GET IT TOO!!! IT'S WORTH BUYING!

***
Comments on this review can be left below.

2 Comments:

Blogger tune_up_daily said...

I hope I'm not being oiver on any loshon horah.
I dont understand what you're goin on about on this CD. I didnt hear anything special- no musical genoius, no extra special voices- it was so ...regular, and even bordering on boring. This is the only one truly worth listening to during sefirah, cuz there's no enjoyment being gained. Am I missing something, or is it just a matter of taste?

August 31, 2005 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger tune_up_daily said...

I hope I'm not being oiver on any loshon horah.
I dont understand what you're goin on about on this CD. I didnt hear anything special- no musical genoius, no extra special voices- it was so ...regular, and even bordering on boring. This is the only one truly worth listening to during sefirah, cuz there's no enjoyment being gained. Am I missing something, or is it just a matter of taste?

August 31, 2005 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home